- Model all elements of the project and create drawings.
- Collision areas between the gutters and steel parts.
- The Assembly hall was very complex with a box section truss design. The trusses were tilted over so the internals formed valley rafters; this was restrained by the large UC ridge beams supported on dormer frames at the gable ends.
- Interactive 3D modeling of connections; almost every connection of roof beams down to concrete being unique.
- Use of automatic clash detection on imported solids to determine the vertical drop dimensions of steels that do not follow the slope of the roof.
- This was an extremely complex project. Nearly all of the connections are interactively modeled, and almost every connection of roof beams, down to concrete for the classroom block was unique.
“The ability to import AutoCAD drawings and convert these lines into Advance Steel objects was essential. Without this command many extra drawing office hours would have been spent modeling the new concrete steel structure and the existing building”
TSI Structures LTD
- Interactive 3D modeling
- Creation of complex designs
- Ability to model and clash check 3D solids to steels