About the Team hiring
With around 100 employees in 9 offices, Graitec’s UK business is our single largest Business Unit in terms of revenues. Built over 3 decades through multiple acquisitions (Adris, MicroCad, Cadpoint, Cabinet and Strucsoft) our UK business goes from strength to strength as Autodesk’s 2nd largest UK Platinum Reseller.
The Sales Director is an important new role in Graitec’s continued ambitious growth. As a member of the UK Leadership team they will be a highly self-driven, motivational and nurturing sales leader with a successful track record of leading sales teams selling software/SaaS solutions with a commitment to personal development of team members. This team leader role has direct responsibility for new revenue and margin and the acquisition of new customers across the UK. They will be well adept at setting and measuring success against KPIs as well as be a formidable motivator and coach to a team of external sales Account Managers and Solution Sales professionals.
At Graitec, our people are our most important assets and we have high expectations of our people managers, especially in regards to the employee experience we create. Accordingly, all people managers are accountable for:
- Fostering a One Graitec environment:
- Role model professionalism, integrity and trust in anything you do so you can expect that from your team
- Create an inclusive team experience where everybody feels respected and valued for who they are and what they bring to the team and the company
- Lead the team towards curiosity, positive energy, care and empathy for each-other across teams, functions, countries
- Intentionally foster collaboration across individuals, teams and business units to achieve more together
- Growing talents:
- Non-stop hiring – constantly identify, meet and assess talents to fulfill today and tomorrow needs
- Attract talents externally and internally that will contribute to the team achieving more
- Ongoing focus on each team member development enabling the team to continuously learn & grow
- Listen to aspirations and retain talents in a highly competitive market .ie non-stop re-hiring your team
- Driving clarity:
- Enable the team to understand the company priorities and understand how each contribute to it
- Deliver clear roadmap and ongoing feedback to team members so they ongoing understand where they stand individually and all together
- Coach the team to leverage resources and experts available to them to outperform business results together
- Managing, coaching and inspiring Account Managers and Solution Sales specialists located in multiple UK locations.
- As a team, proactively identifying, locating, and qualifying new business opportunities within existing accounts as well as leveraging our Customer Acquisition teams to maximize new business opportunities from new logos.
- Working closely with peers in the UK leadership team (eg local leaders of Customer Acquisition, Customer Success, Marketing & Technical teams), to ensure we maximise Upsell and Cross-sell margin and revenue.
- Setting, Monitoring and driving the achievement of specific KPI targets for the team (eg Pipeline, close rates, etc)
- Forecasting and reporting.
- Supporting team members in larger opportunities – being a visible, engaged, sponsor at a customer level including with presentations, meetings, business reviews and sales calls.
- Partnering with the matrix organisation (eg Solution Lines Sales)
- Collaborating actively with Autodesk’s local teams and Hub organization to maximise opportunities and alignment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Turnover and Margin growth.
- Revenue and Margin growth
- Product Mix achievement
- New customer (New logo) acquisition
- Team development and retention
What you must have done already:
- 5+ years of experience selling complex software, SaaS, and services solutions to B2B customers in the CAD, AEC, MFG, telecom or IT markets.
- 4+ years of experience of managing sales teams of 7 or more members and annual revenue targets of £15M+
- Managed in a multicultural and matrixed organisation, with remote and office based teams.
What is nice to have done already:
- Working knowledge and experience of the Architecture, Engineering and Construction or Manufacturing markets
- Experience of selling Autodesk SaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of BIM
Required skills, abilities & qualifications
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial and competitive mind-set.
- Motivating, developing and coaching. Evidence of experience of robust support and advancement of teams and direct reports’ personal development.
- Proof of continually exceeding Sales targets and other KPIs set.
- Adaptability, in a fast moving, hyper-growth, environment.
- Autonomous and self-starter, Strategic thinker
- A collaborator – with experience of working with supporting teams like internal sales, marketing, professional services and Customer Success.
- Ability to remain calm, positive and intentional as well as focused to exceed expected results.
- Willingness to travel
At Graitec, we’re proud to be committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We value our employees for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams by bringing their authentic self to work. This resonates with the large variety of customers & markets in which we operate and is part of our success story. As such, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and will not make any assessment into the application process other than candidate’s skills and capabilities to succeed in the role.
- Location: Southampton/Bradford preferred
- Flex location: Yes, within the UK
- Home Office flexibility time: Yes